Widow has 'rent to own' problem


I am a widow.  A owner of a home took advantage of me & won't return any of my 40K from a rent to own.

Jim's Reply:

This sounds like a civil issue, not a veterans issue,  so you'll need to contact a local attorney or seek help through legal aid in your region.

  • PS from StatesideLegal:  Use the "Find Legal Help" directory to locate the LSC provider in your community -- many civil legal aid programs handle problems with rent-to-own situations for low-income clients or may be able to suggest a local attorney who could help without charge.