VA disability approved after divorce became final


My ex husband filed for disability in 2015 while we were married. Now he has been approved,  and we are now divorced. Am I entitled to any money from the back pay?

Jim's Reply:

Your divorce decree has stipulations telling you exactly what you're entitled to. If you believe that something has changed that would entitle you to more you'll have to seek a modification of the divorce decree by returning to the family court. The court is the only place you'll get a legit answer as to whether you may be owed some money...or not.