Now getting VA disability benefits but still owes child support


My ex-husband used to work for the railroad in Illinois and got fired. He got hired for the post office and also got fired. My son now is 31 years old. But he still owed back pay child support of $95,000. He used to be in the navy, and now he is collecting VA Benefits. Should I hired a lawyer, if he still owed back pay child support?

Jim's Reply:

That's an interesting thought, I've heard of some cases like that being filed. You should go slow and do some research in your state and see if you might find an attorney who would work with you.