Used car purchased online and turned out to be damaged


Jim, thank you for your site. I just need some quick advice since I have never done this before.  I recently purchased a vehicle online from VROOM, a large distributor. I had the vehicle checked out and the local Honda dealership told me the vehicle was in a serious accident and had the front end rebuilt. The frame was even cracked. The CARFAX showed no history of the accident and VROOM dragged their feet for about 8 weeks and now they will not respond back. I need to get restitution for this damage and vehicle depreciation, I want to go through small claims court. Do I just go through my local country justice hall. I am in Tennessee.Thank you for any brief response you can provide.

Jim's Reply:

This is a tough one. I'm not at all sure about small claims court since the VROOM people may not be in your state and they're already brushing you off. I think your first stop should be the offices of a local personal injury attorney who can offer you some advice about your options. That would be worth an hours fee just to be pointed in the right direction. Good luck.

Source URL: