Where to find Social Service Providers

A modern engineer compass open on top of a wooden table.

Below is a partial listing of non-legal advocates and social service providers that may be able to help you with the challenges you're currently facing. These national networks should offer you a good starting point to find the help you need.


State 211. 42 states have statewide 211 systems. These networks provide "one-stop shopping" for a wide range of social service needs, such as food supplements, heating assistance, children's health coverage, and more.
Contact: Call 211. Find social service listings for your state here.


State social services agencies.  These folks offer many basic programs for people with low incomes who need extra financial support.
Contact: Get the national social services listing here or use their interactive "Benefits finder" tool.


VA programs for homeless veterans.
Contact: Get national listing for homeless veterans here. (posted by the VA as an Excel spreadsheet)


Help Networks for Women with Military Service
Contact: Go to WomenVetsUSA


Legal help
Contact: Go to our find Legal Help map.


Updated January 2018, August 2020

Source URL: https://statesidelegal.org/where-find-social-service-providers