Need help managing VA disability income


My husband is disabled and has PTSD and substance abuse history with Bipolar Disorder...we been married 16 years. His check goes to his account but he withdraws the amount he wants me to pay bills with. However before the end of the month,  he doesn’t have any more money and gets upset because I have none to give him. Can I request the entire check?

Jim's Reply:

You can't ask for control of his VA disability check unless he is determined to be incompetent to manage his finances and you are appointed as his fiduciary. That probably isn't the path you want to take so I'll suggest that you try to work things out at home.