I have a housing issue with my landlord, who do I contact?

I need to find someone who can help get my landlord to fix my leaking front door and roof. He was told more than a year ago about both problems. Who can I call or write to?

Jim's Reply

I don't know. That sounds like a civil problem and not one that has to do with any VA benefits. Landlord / tenant problems as well as almost every other issue we run into after service have nothing to do with our military service and that we're veterans doesn't (and shouldn't) be treated differently. Your best bet is to speak with a local attorney who can help you.