He won't sign the divorce papers


My spouse is in the military, I never lived with him, he never supported me and i never supported him. I never sent him our marriage license , so I never received any type of benefits. I just want him to sign the divorce papers and send them to me. I want nothing else other than his signature. Would it be possible for me to sign a waiver if he continues to refuse to sign the divorce papers as he has for the past year? I live in the state of Texas.

Jim's Reply:

If you have filed for divorce in the proper court, he doesn't have to sign anything for the court to declare the divorce as legit and you can move on. Non-responsive targets of any sort of legal action are often defaulted into losing because they don't respond to the order of the court. Properly file for divorce at the appropriate venue and things will likely move right along.