Divorce questions


I need help with legal advice about filing for a divorce. 100% disabled and can’t afford a lawyer.

Jim's Reply:

If you can't afford a lawyer and depending on where you are, you are probably able to do it yourself. Divorces that aren't complex can often be done by filing papers with the clerk of court. Contact the court near you and ask about representing yourself.

  • PS from StatesideLegal: You can also use the Find Legal Help directory to look for a LRS provider near you and request a low-cost consult with a lawyer specializing in divorce to help get you started.