Discharge OTH without prior notice


I was reserve for a little over 4 years and because of financial problems I was not able to conduct drills with my unit but do RST training with other units around me after receiving permission from my command. I was then placed on IRR and told to find a unit that would accept me for a transfer. I found a unit 6 months after being on IRR and discovered that without any knowledge I had been discharged with an other than honorable and I never received a DD214 but a separation letter and all information was not put in such as a discharge code or reason. I was also dropped from an E4 to an E1. I've disputed the discharge and was denied.  Can I appeal again with a video panel?

Jim's Mailbag:

You need to speak with the folks at the National Veterans Legal Services Program and ask if they can help.