Death benefits for divorced partner


I was married to a Vietnam Veteran for 24 years. He was married to his second wife for two years. Am I entitled to any benefits after his death?


There are many variables that could affect your eligibility.

You should complete VA Form 21-534 Application for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation, Death Pension and Accrued Benefits by a Surviving Spouse or Child. The form is here

Complete the form and mail it (using certified mail, return receipt requested) to the VA Regional Office nearest you. You can determine that address here

I recommend taking the time to apply rather than asking VA if you are eligible. The application process is the best way to ensure that youare going to be given due consideration for your claim.