Child support from my VA disability


I'm wondering if it's legal for the state of Kentucky to award my daughter's grandmother/legal guardian child support from my VA compensation?

Jim's Reply:

VA disability compensation can't be garnished like a paycheck. However, it is always used in a calculation of total income and that's the number that child support and other awards are derived from. If you're to contest any of this, you need a divorce/family lawyer to help you.

  • PS from StatesideLegal:  Use the "Find Legal Help" directory for LRS providers to request a low-cost consult with a lawyer who is experienced with family law and VA benefits to get some advice.