Caregiver has been jailed


I'm a 71 year old disabled American veteran. My caregiver/roommate is in jail and I have no money to hire a criminal attorney. How and where can I get help? I need him home to help me out and with the coronavirus I really need him home

Jim's Reply:

I'm at a somewhat of a loss as to what to tell you. The first thing that comes to mind is that you need better roommates.

Then it seems to me that if your friend can't afford an attorney that one will be appointed for him. Otherwise you will have to accept that very little is functioning as it should today and your options will be very limited.

Beyond that if you need urgent help during these trying times your best option is to call a CVSO and ask what they advise. You can locate a CVSO near you here