Can VA medical treatment increase disability compensation?


I am service connected for PTSD 50%,  left knee 20%,  tinnitus 10 scaring 10 for a total of 70% . I have been treated by the VA for over 10 years (Non-SC) for Congestive Heart Failure and now my infraction rating has fell below 30%. If the VA hospital puts an ICD in me,  is there compensation for that?

Jim's Reply:

From what information you provide, your CHF and falling Ejection Fraction % aren't service connected. Since the heart problems aren't service connected, the treatment with an AICD won't be service connected either. If you're a Vietnam veteran, there may be a way to service connect the heart disease,  but we'd have to know more about your history.