Born on an Army Base in Korea


Hi Jim. I was born on an army base in Seoul, Korea in 1977. My father was stationed there at that time. I would like to know if I have the right to citizenship. If you can assist me with any type of info I would be thankful.

Jim's Reply:

You're raising a very complex issue and I think you'll need professional help. I'll suggest that you start here.  Read that thoroughly and then contact the American Embassy for further guidance.

  • PS from Stateside Legal: You may also find our Immigration resources helpful, at this tab.   The Find Legal Help directory can also be used to look for an LRS provider in your area for a low-cost consultation with  a lawyer who specializes in immigration law.