Housing privileges based on son's service


My oldest son is an unmarried soldier. As I am getting divorced from an active duty soldier and live in on-base housing now, my son would like to know if he can claim me as a secondary dependent and gain housing for us and my daughter(his sister). I am disabled and unable to work so he would be supporting me and his sister. Is this possible? My son currently lives in barracks as he is an unmarried soldier

Jim's Reply:

I have doubts that his command would approve such an arrangement. I've never heard of "secondary dependent", did y'all just make that up? Once you're divorced from your soldier, you lose all your dependents privileges including ID cards and on base entry. If you were there and he were to be deployed suddenly, what then? The only way to be sure is to run it by his command.