Getting lost records

Posted on: Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Getting lost records


I have a friend that has an other than honorable discharge and he wants To gets va benefits – how does he start the process. He also lost his dd214


Start by getting the 214 here

Once he has that in hand he should apply as usual for benefits here

Guys with OTH are not always eligible depending on circumstances. This is particularly true if there are multiple periods of enlistment. It's best to apply, see what VA has to say and then appeal if that seems reasonable.

Complete Mailbag