The blowback from the public's outrage about the unchecked pervasiveness of sexual assault and rape in our military continues with rigorous, impassioned Senate discussions this week focused on
Recent Advocate Blogs
So what about the recent VA Fast Letter regarding the incentive program around Fully Developed Claims for disability compensation? Should veterans jump or not?
At some point when you begin working within the VA benefits system, you will do a double take when a veteran brings you a decision that says their combined disability rating is 50% but there are 2
Free on-demand webinar from Lexi-Nexis on the Basics of Representing Veterans and Their Families NOTE: The substance of the training starts at about minute 10:00.
We are helping to build a more vigorous nationwide network of lawyers supporting servicemembers, veterans and their families. Find research materials for advocates authored by some of the foremost experts in the country on military family law, veterans disability benefits, USERRA, SCRA and other relevant issues.
Please let us know if your office or program is offering free or pro bono legal services to servicemembers or veterans so that we can add you to our data base.
Are you VA Accredited?
Becoming VA accredited, to represent veterans in VA claims, is a relatively simple process. Learn more here...
- Legal Advocate Toolkit (general but essential resources)
- NEW! VA Disability Compensation Claims Toolkit
- VA Advocate Toolkit (more general resources for VA related advocacy)
- Military Advocate Toolkit (military matters for military families)
- Tax Advocate Toolkit (helping military and veteran families with IRS tax issues)
- More Training Resources for Advocates
- Veterans Legal Needs Study (Maine case study: veterans are unlikely to ask for legal help/social services have difficulty recognizing legal issues)
- Advocate Blogs
- Jim's Mailbag (Although written for veterans pursuing their own VA benefits claims, advocates can learn a lot, too; use the search box to find entries on your topic.)
Looking for volunteer advocates to join your legal clinic or program? Post your volunteer opportunity on our Volunteer Match Map. Or use our feedback form to tell us about your program and what kind of volunteers you are looking for.